Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Morning Blues

It is said that time flies. Usually I agree. And yet the last few days have been a challenge to watch the time pass. May be when they came up with the idea that anxiety dilates time, this is what they meant. They talked about fear but who knows if there are similar other feelings.They might have forgotten about boredom.
Morning sleep has never been a problem for me. Sleeping again after waking up in the wee hours of dawn has been what I may call my 'forte'. And my mom is sure to second that. Yet for the last few days that is exactly what has been a challenge to me. I wake up and I fail to fall asleep again. Let me clarify that I have nothing to do in the morning that might force me to wake up early. No office, no classes, no commitments to keep. I can wake up as late as I want but the 'can' part doesn't seem to work.

This in itself should not be a problem. I am a nature person and what better time to appreciate nature than the morning - a time when the sun has not yet spread its wrath. But the day fails to start in that note because the unfinished sleep lingers in the back of my mind. And as the day trudges, its presence becomes too conspicuous to ignore.And even as I eagerly wait for it to appear from behind the curtain, it continues to evade me.
By the time night arrives, the helpless waiting has transformed into a splitting headache and sleep has moved farther away. What follows is the expected pattern of my insomniac post except the snooze part.

[This post has been a draft for sometime.]

No comments:

Just another year

This is my second new year after I shifted back here. Last time went in a blur. I sat in a corner, remembered the last new year and cried. ...