Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Watchlist - Animation II

Now those of you who read my last movies post (My Watchlist - Animation), took my suggestion and watched the last 5 movies then decided never to take my suggestion ever again, this list is for you. Basically it is a fun list with animations as you expect them to be.

I will start with Up. Amazing movie!!! This is a movie that tells you that neither romance nor adventure has anything to do with age. So those of you thought that in the coming years, age is going to be your excuse for shying away from either of these, it is time you found another excuse. And there is another thing that this movie says ... but if I tell you that there wouldn't be much left in the movie. So go find it yourself. 


Talking of finding reminds me of another adventure - Finding Nemo. I already told its an adventure and the title tells the rest of the story - someone tries to find Nemo so Nemo must have got lost. No points for guessing this much. And the story has much more than that. It is a story of love, will and courage. And you can't miss those adorable expressions!

Talking about courage brings me to Monsters, Inc. This movie once again brings back memories from college days. Why do you think monsters scare us? Because they made their living that way until one fine day, the whole process turned topsy turvy. And that led to this movie. Imagine being one of them or imagine not being one of them. What then? Stop imagining, go watch the movie.

Do monsters make you imagine giants? Because that is what I am going to mention about next - The Iron Giant. But don't go by the name, there is nothing to be scared of. I mean there is a giant and he is made of iron but that doesn't mean it is scary. Exactly the movie's point! There is more but you better watch it yourself.

All this iron stuff remind me of Cars. I watched this movie long back in my college days and it left a quite a memory. I love the song that it ends with but before that, there is a whole lot of things love about this movie. If you are out there making it big for yourself, then this movie might teach you some important lessons. And let me repeat you can't miss those adorable expressions!

Happy Feet is yet another adorable movie. If you love to tap your feet, then you just must not miss this. No this is not hip hop movie with numbers on which you can dance (you sure can if you want to) but there is more to it. Have you ever felt that you were different? May be there is a reason for that. And if you haven't then may be watching this movie will make you realize differences really do matter but not the way most people think.

All you foodies out there, how would you like your favorite dish served? Would you like it falling from the sky? If you ask me, I wouldn't. But then again I am not a foodie :D. Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs is an interesting movie - firstly because someone came up with such an idea and secondly because it talks about being yourself. I know, its a cliche but the way the movie brings this out is worth appreciating.

Bee Movie is also on the same lines - i.e being yourself but it is about a bee. And all those people who are on the threshold of deciding what career to choose must must watch this.Whether or not it will help you is a different thing, but if you watch it after deciding your career, may be you would think if only you had seen it earlier. Why do that? Why not just watch it now!

I will leave you with How to train your dragon. Who doesn't want a pet dragon! I mean think about it you have a fire breathing flying beast who listens to you! What can be better? Well, at least in fantasy. 

Happy watching! I hope you like them. :)
If you think I have missed your favorite animation, drop in a comment.

No comments:

Just another year

This is my second new year after I shifted back here. Last time went in a blur. I sat in a corner, remembered the last new year and cried. ...