Friday, October 31, 2008

Crumpled

I cleaned my room for diwali and wrote this...

Crumpled up sheets of paper
A heap of mess, in a corner
Where the dustbin used to be.
They did not make to where they should be.

Some notes, some words written
Some illegible marks of pen
Now faded and worn with time.
They used to be a part of dreams of mine.

A blank sheet kept somwhere
Taken out and spread with care
A pen, some words, a new note
Another piece of rhyme on which to dote

A morning, the sun, a day
The blank sheet, "Today"
Myself, my time, my day
That, which'll be tommorrw, kept away.

I guess time is a recurring theme.

5 comments:

Anks said...

hey, why the tinge of melancholy?

Yayaver said...

it is a sweet poem

Anks said...

hey, wish you a happy new year....

Monalisa said...

simple and lucid :)

Anonymous said...

Nice One... :)

Just another year

This is my second new year after I shifted back here. Last time went in a blur. I sat in a corner, remembered the last new year and cried. ...