Monday, May 30, 2011

On a day like today

Dear Silence,

Most of the time I love rains. And I have really cherished memories about them be it in the school days, college or work as must be evident from my numerous chats with you regarding rains. Although sometimes the muddy puddles in the middle of the road are a cause of too much inconvenience specially after rain has left. And yet the early morning drizzle like that of today often fills me with apprehension and gloom. If I wake up to rain, the most usual thing to do is to go back to sleep and wake up a little later hoping that I have successfully shortened the gloomy day to some extent. Unless commitments of the day render such a plan completely useless. In that case I just give in to my feelings.

Now that I think of it, there are also times when rain reminds me of crying. May be it is the result of reading too many quotes about 'crying in the rain' so that no one can see the tears. I wouldn't be surprised if I have told you this before (since we have chatted about rains so often) that in my childhood I often imagined rain to be the time of war in the world of gods (up there). Mostly because they were accompanied with frightening lightning and thunder. It might have also been the result of watching Ramayana and Mahabharata during that time. And I thought the falling rain was either blood shed during the war or the family of the warriors crying. But that was long long back and I don't know why this came to my mind all of a sudden.

So the thing that I wanted to tell you is that isn't it interesting how the same thing can give us completely two different feeling at different times? If it were evening I would have been rejoicing and smiling and yet just because it is early morning, it fills me up with apprehension. I wonder if something similar happens with everybody or do I just brood too much.

Love,
Anki

2 comments:

Bowser said...

very nice post. decided to Follow your blog.. hope you don't mind..

Anki said...

Of course not! It is a pleasure that you want to follow my blog. Thanks :)

Just another year

This is my second new year after I shifted back here. Last time went in a blur. I sat in a corner, remembered the last new year and cried. ...