Saturday, May 19, 2007

Lessons

This particular write-up was written months back. But I found it true even today.

People change, and I watch. The drastic changes that catch the notice of everyone and the slow ones which sometimes I observe. Over the period of time, so many things have changed. It makes me shiver, to think how drastically and to what extent, ppl can change. Did I too?? I don't want to know the answer, because probably today, I am standing in a position where both the answer scares me. The "no" tells me about my rigidity, my inability to adapt, to accept and the "yes" frightens me to think what is it that I have become today. I am surprised at the suggestions given by ppl. Its funny not because someone is telling me to be "selfish" but because it comes from a person who as far as I know, never knew the meaning of it, never knew that people are selfish that there are things that we never think. The first glimpse of this change in this particualr person, had shocked me so much that I had thought, probably I was wrong in my judgement, but today when the change can be clearly percieved by me, I sense how wrong I have been, it was the first step towards the transformation, to which I was the only spectator and that person, the only victim. I am still standing where I was then with some views changed and many things learned.

1. If I listen to or help someone, it doesn’t guarantee I will be treated the same way but then just because nobody will listen to me when I need doesn’t mean I will do the same thing.

2. Not all think the way I do, and there will always be some whom I will never understand. I should not waste my time for them.

3. There will always be at least one person, who will understand a part of my feelings.

4. Its good to know people disagree, to know that I am "different".

5. If I believe that for every smile I get, a drop of tear is stored for me, it means for every tear I drop, there is/was a smile somewhere. I will wait for the smile, it is sure to come.

6. Surprises are the best thing of life, so I should never expect anything.

7. Life comes in small packets of happiness - like dancing in the rain, nibbling "bhutta", going for a movie and not watching it, writing/reading blogs, laughing, writing poems, reading books, praising someone, praying for somebody else, listening to somebody telling I am good... and wondering whether to believe or not, re-reading mails, re-living moments, getting a surprise, giving a surprise, and so on... I will always enjoy them!!!

8. Believe that I can do most of the things alone and for those that I cannot, there will be someone waiting to help me there.

9. Help comes from the most unexpected people. I am thankful to them.

10. How good friends you become, how close... there are certain things that are not for me and not for you.

11. Everybody is selfish... I should learn to accept this.

12. I am not perfect but I love the way I am.

13. "Now" is the greatest gift...I will use it, not misuse it.

14. There will be at least one person other than me who will love me the way I am.

15. Some things are not forever, so I will enjoy them while they are there.

16. It’s okay to think that the world is not good, but I will look up at the sky and see the stars. Once in a while one of them appears in my life.

17. It is no use running away; the more I run from something, the more it will follow. (Applies to problems as well as dogs).

18. Before convincing others, I should convince myself.

19. It is no use saying something that I do not believe in.

20. It is always easier to justify myself than to justify others. Sometimes it’s worth trying things that are not easy.

21. It is always easy to ask than to answer. If there is something I will not prefer to answer, it is better I do not ask.

22. It is easy to say, "just like that" and "some things don't have reasons" but I will learn to be true to myself at least... it is not always possible to be true to everybody.

23. If I am doing something because I expect something in return, it’s not worth it.

For all those who have found something to disagree, refer the statement number 4 again. :D


-Anki!!!

1 comment:

Kaps said...

Seems a non-trivial reason for posting what you wrote monce back...

What is selfishness?.. A singular pursuit of self-happiness?..A tendency to follow our free will?.. being indifferent to others?.. What are the criteria of indifference?.. We dont usually bother about a beggar on the road... r we being selfish? ... We are usually less careful about the overly concerns our parents show (dont do this when alone etc) ... Selfish again? ...

Whatever we may choose to follow at any point of time, it pays to question and rationalize ourselves rather than succumbing to dont-wanna-think comforts.... whether that rationale is flawed or not, we may realise later....

Life in general is random, People are unique, their Responses are often dependant on both us and them, and our perceptions of all these are Fully in our control... we can choose to be happy, choose to be thoughtful, choose to be relaxed, choose to be nervous, choose to be scared, choose to be guilty conscious or care-free ... and angry or care-free ....

Whats the matter then? ... nothing... at times it is better to treat others as you, at times you would prefer to be different ... this fact is constant and shall be like this always and forever :) ...

Keep smilin and enjoyin life sis...
Wht you write, remains unsaid in many lives :)...

Kapil

Just another year

This is my second new year after I shifted back here. Last time went in a blur. I sat in a corner, remembered the last new year and cried. ...