Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Re-view

This post comes a bit earlier than expected. Actually I wanted to postpone it till my semester exams but then I coudnt resist the idea to write it now itself. Two months isn't too much a long time but still some of the ideas given below might just change in the coming tima-span of 2 months.
The opinions stated below have taken more or less 4 years to develop and are applicable only to my stay here for the last 4 years.

Five things I regret:

1) My fuchha skit (at least my part) was such a disaster that I couldnt gather the courage to face the audience one more time. Not just for theatre but song, dance and even Lit activities. I really regret it.

2) Four years but I haven't yet seen sunrise in the ghats. Two of my attempts have failed miserably because the sun decided to betray me. (I hope to take care of this one in the remaining days)

3) I couldn't have the pleasure of riding a tonga yet although I had this wish from the 1st yr itself.

4) There are about 4 sites of waterfall nearby. I could visit just one.

5) Now this one is on the academic part - I could not maintain the minimum grade that I wanted to or rather could have.

[That I could never take part in Mirage would have been one of my foremost regrets, had this year's Mirage not disappointed me]

Five most memorable times:

1) My first year. The times in the class as well as outside it. Quite unlike others, that was the time when I was seldom home-sick.

2) The National youth fest that took place in our University. I was in the organising team and had a festive time during all the days.

3) The industrial tour. I hadnt at all expected it to be so much enjoyable and memorable. A heartfelt thanks to some of my classmates.

4) The surprise party on my birthday last year. It fills me with all smiles with just its mention.

5) The final debate competetion this KY. I haven't had even half the fun I had in any other event where I have ever participated. Thanks to Sarda for forcing me into this.

Five memory-laden places:

1) VT. From the 1st year initial days to even now... some memorable moments were spent here.

2) Orchids. Some very enjoyable lunches/dinners with different group of people.

3) SB. Other than being the site for the KY events(including the disc), this place is memorable for the NYF activities - the dinner and the disc. Then it is the place that we (me and Anu) frequently reach while taking the walks between the classes.

4) My department. May be ruins but still the memory cannot be denied.

5) Last but the heaviest - My hostel (obviously) and my room especially.

Five group of people I cannot forget:

1) My roomie. This group has just 1 member. Shilpi.

2) My first year group. 5 members. Anu, Shubhi, Priya, Richa, Shilps

3) The NYF group. A lot of people, Most important being - Kapil Bh, Rajat, Vibhav Bh and Madhur Bh. Others include some 'pyare' juniors. :)

4) Among my hostelmates - Smiti, Gargi, Megha,... Jrs such as Arpi, Cherry,... some Srs such as Ritu... and the Mtech Srs with whom I shared the lobby for 6 months.

5) And ofcourse how can I forget some of my classmates with whom I have enjoyed the tour, the trip to falls, the KY disc, and not to mention the classes. :)

Five achievements here:

(Now this is relative. Some of the things mentioned below might not look like any achievment to you.)

1) My dream job.

2) My participating in Vitasta last year.

3) The beginning of my blogging.

4) My poetry writing reached a state of liberation and spontaenity here.

5) My befriending some really good friends. :) (and this is not exaggeration)



Thank you for your patience.
Happy Holi to all of you.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey great post..and was really nice reading through it...thanks for sharing...and well since Holi i just round the corne hop over to my blog on Holi Festivities and enjoy all the fun an laughter it's filled up with!!!

Anonymous said...

Grt Blog and you being really truthful ( not I am saying that most of the time u r not :-)).

I wish u wont regret fuchcha skit cause the one step in tht will always remind of u and thats so famous among us, though i dont need that step to have a remembrance of u.

The tanga thing and sunrise thing can be taken care of cause we still have nearly two months left here.

Have fun all your life and remember me forever (that I hope or rather know u will) [:)][:D]..

...PHOENIX... said...

nice..

Anonymous said...

thx for acknowledging tht u wudnt forget me
though i knew u wudnt hv had even if u wudnt hv had mentioned it
:)
but just to compliment you..u write beautifully..keep up the good wrk
:)

Sumit Saxena said...

At a time when I have just applied for leave from office, got my reservations done and am doing shopping for my BHU visit in March, this post overwhelms me by reminding me of the time I have spent in my insti and that it shall never be back.
It seems I have lost too much!!

Kaps said...

Hi Anki !!!

Hmmm, wonderful memories ... aren't they :) .. an excellent way to recollect and reflect ... brings me back sm cherished moments too ...

Congrats once again fr your achievements Moon! ..
A single appreciable creation is an achievement! , beginning of a source of persistent creations .. is marvellous!!
Happy blogging and Happy writin sister ....

I guess your readers shall njoy going through this piece .. I wonder how This checks their patience? (especially when so manny other calvin acts do :D :D )

Hey is this a tag sorta thing fr 4th yrites ?... then Tag Shilpi asap :D ...

Gbu

ritu bajpai said...

Now this should not be done...I read this post when I am waiting for my class to start. I don't feel like doing it now and just want to go back to my days at IT :(

Nice to see that you recorded this stuff you will feel like reading it again and again when out of that place! Its a TORTURE!!!!!!!!!but welcome one :)

khushi said...

thanks dear !!!
bt i hope we will surely make the tonga ride smday :)

shilpi said...

Hi Dear. Although i knew most of the things u hv written as i ur roomie but definitely it makes a beautiful post and a tough one too (to choose exactly 5 things from all...i wud hv been confused all the way :D)n for ur sunrise thing...dear u need to get up early in the morning. i thing thts due for ur bday :). hope we make further happy moments in b'lore. lots of love.

Anki said...

Thanks for the response ppl :)

Sudani Siva Kumar said...

Hey.. a nice post.. Made me remind some of memorable moments in IT..
Btw, Guess U can easily make it to watch the sunrise..(ofcourse need some help frm ur roomie to wake U up..)
N ya was ur futch skit tht big a disaster.. Ohh.. then I guess I missed something really gr8.... hehe ;) ;)

Anks said...

this post has nostagia oozing out of every word.... is your course over???

ankurindia said...

thats great you know lot about you .

Anki said...

@ siva

nice to hear u missed the skit :D

@ anks

yes, just leaving in a month.

@ ankur

i think everubody should know atleat about themselves! dont u know anything abt urself???!!!

Just another year

This is my second new year after I shifted back here. Last time went in a blur. I sat in a corner, remembered the last new year and cried. ...