Saturday, January 13, 2007

Its not time...

"Its not time that is passing by, its you and I..."

This line has been taken from one of the short stories of Ruskin Bond. (It so happened that I had the chance to find a penguin publication that includes "all" his short stories and novellas and thats what is keeping me busy these days :D... Well, there are some others to give it company as well)

An apt line for the time when I am writing. Not only because the year has just turned "new" but because we did pass by the tenure that takes to make a engg. graduate out of us. I know I am late and had been so careless to have ignored the new year in my blog for 2 whole weeks. So first of all, a very happy new year to all my readers who had the patience to cope with my irregular pace as well as random posts :).

It is difficult to tell what caused the delay. Did this new year pass away so quickly that I had no time to stop and contemplate? If this was the case then I should stop and think what is that had kept me so busy and yet I cannot even remember it! Or the other reason may well be that somewhere in my unconscious, I did not want to mould my blogging into a routine, however vaguely defined.

So coming back to this year, whats special this year. Well, for me, this year holds an end and a beginning. For all those who might be thinking that the rest of this post may consist of some "senti" stuff on my last three years here then I would suggest you come back to reality at once. Because after some long and thorough self-analysis, I have concluded that I have not been bestowed with the intrinsic characteristics required for getting attached to a place or may be even people as much and as easily as others do. And this I find has been very favourable for me as I had the opportunity of place-hopping since my childhood. Of my future, of course I have no more to say than you.

Still, although I may not be sentimental enough to feel nostalgic but I do realise that a transition in my journey awaits me and this transition further testifies the truth of the statement I began this writing with - "Its not time that is passing by, its you and I... "

Anki

2 comments:

The Furobiker said...

Well this post of ur reminded me that i too hav to write a new year post :)
i also gave a thought about nostalgia n senti stuff abt past 3 years for my post..but well we feel the same thing but for very different reasons.. mine is just Mech deptt :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Anki !

Hmmm, I agree with the 'late and careless' clause for you :D ... (ahem, I've also not written but reasons fr me r a bit difft :P)... and yes definitely, blogging shud be fr your own wish n not fr sake of it (or even fr readers fr tht matter) :)

An end and a beginning ... true .. or it might be percieved as yet another authentication of 'constancy of change' in Life (esp. urs :D).... dunno abt senti stuff.. but yes, it would be truly wonderful to read some more creations ... destined to be referred as among the last ones you wrote in your tenure here .... and then you might think of your first jewel here ....

All the best .. tc :)

Just another year

This is my second new year after I shifted back here. Last time went in a blur. I sat in a corner, remembered the last new year and cried. ...