Friday, October 27, 2006

Break away!

Heard this song recently -

...
Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out

Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I'd pray
I could break away

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly.
I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky.
Make a wish, take a chance,
Make a change, and break away.
Out of the darkness and into the sun.
But I won't forget all the ones that I love.
I'll take a risk, take a chance,
Make a change, and break away

Wanna feel the warm breeze
Sleep under a palm tree
Feel the rush of the ocean
Get onboard a fast train
Travel on a jetplane
Far away
And break away
...

Life has been a series of different things for me. Each new moment has brought a new realization, a new lesson, a new sense of curiosity. If I look back, there are all those mementoes staring back at me. Looking past all of them, I still fail to see where it started. Even then, each coming day still seems to be just a beginning. It just seems long and eventful journey that reaches where, I dont know.

And it was on such a thoughtful occasion that I came across this song. Felt like sharing it with you all. All of us have a destiny to fulfill, a dream to create, a destination to reach which may never be possible if we don't try once to 'break away' .

Live life to your fullest. There is lot to do in a very limited time. Start today. Break away but take your own responsibility. Please. :)

1 comment:

Kaps said...

Hi Calvin !

Hmmm, a fantastic thought - and why not! While most of us do (conscious/unconsciously) realize the importance of being proactive - we happen to have varying degrees of this mental inertia which physically prevents us from taking the initiative - for our OWN Life ! ... it makes us reason n justify ourselves ...

Sure Passion is the spice of life - dullness is death (Contentment n leisure are Difft entities)... n many a times its the thoughts like this which remind us to look life with an excellent but often forgotten paradigm - wht Shilpi once wrote as 'Its my life n I'll live it to fullest' ... wht Neo did (realizin u r the one who can do it!) ...wht Ayn Rand says (to be a First Hander!) ... the Karma theory as well ... there are so many variations, n one wonderful interpretation - "Stand Up ! Realize wht u shud/cud/wud achieve n work fr it with cheer n sincerity!" .... (oops- I simply poured down my thoughts :D )

well written peril :) .. I'm sure you'll reach your destiny as you desire n deserve! .. tc

Just another year

This is my second new year after I shifted back here. Last time went in a blur. I sat in a corner, remembered the last new year and cried. ...