Thursday, December 28, 2017

Moving on

This is probably the first and only time that I will say this - listening is overrated.

Sometimes no one needs to listen. You just need to talk. And just so that the world does not question your sanity, you need someone to talk to. At that time it does not matter if the person is listening or not. What matters is that you are talking.

Conversations.

Those are the hardest. The ones that are no longer there  And the ones that still happen. Most of the time, I still talk of him in the present tense as if nothing has changed. When I'm outside, I pretend that I'll come home and we'll talk about the day. And when I'm home, I pretend I'm waiting for him to return.

There is no such thing as moving on. In theory, an year is quite a long time but frankly, I think we have a twisted way of measuring time. It just doesn't feel the same. In a way this was the longest year I had and yet I don't think I am any better than I was before. By now I have already overstayed the warm support that my friends have been giving me and I don't blame them. Frankly a part of me thinks the same thing - isn't it time now? It should be but I am not ready.

Time, is supposed to make things better. But like I said, we have very misguided idea of time. It seems time is a master of its own. it can slow down or quicken its pace as it seems fits. More often than not, in a way that will not be in our favor. We give time too much credit.

Although, come to think of it, moving on is not really a choice. It is like standing in middle of a river. No matter what you want, you will be taken away with the current. Most of the days you will find a boat to ride or you will swim but I just feel so tired. I don't even know where the river is taking me anymore, so why bother!

This is a random blogpost. But perhaps in the future I can be a little more articulate.

No comments:

Just another year

This is my second new year after I shifted back here. Last time went in a blur. I sat in a corner, remembered the last new year and cried. ...