Tuesday, August 26, 2014

As the night comes

Tonight is one of those times when I have no idea why I am up so late. So what do you do when you realize that you are awake even though you have to wake up early next morning. I could go lie down and keep wondering what would make me fall asleep or I could just stop wondering and use the extra hours that have been given to me. Tomorrow is not going to change. I might not wake up early or I might still manage to do so. But that is something that I can care about only when it happens.

There are a couple things that I could do now -
  • I could read the book that I picked up two days back - Shantaram. It is a lengthy book that is going to take some time to finish and I haven't been reading much these days.
  • I could arrange my wardrobe. I have been meaning to do that for the last two weeks. It would have been more but I wasn't home for the last three months.
  • I could finish the entry I started on my Australia trip. No, it is not in the blog. No, it will not be. 
  • I could read a few more poems. I started it a couple of days back when a friend asked me to read her a poem. I haven't stopped reading yet. I am sure if this continues, she will regret that she asked me to read her a poem.
  • I could finish the leftover work from today morning. Nah! I will do that tomorrow. I will have to wake up early.
  • I could blog. So I am blogging. 
I do not have much to blog actually. These days thoughts are too superficial. They just don't form words that I can pen down. The thoughts, they feel like distant whispers, too loud to ignore but too soft to capture. So I have learned to ignore them over time. It is like you get used to the rumbling sound of train if you live near the train tracks or the sound of rain if you stay in a tin roofed house. It is not pleasant, really. It is sad. I wake up in the morning with a hundred things in my mind. Most of them arrange themselves to become to-do lists. Lists that I have to check off before the night comes down. And I still miss quite a few of them. The others that couldn't make into the lists, stay there for days, sometimes months and are not heard until a day like today comes. And then I pick up one of them and pen down a blog or read a poem or talk to someone. And then they are forgotten for another month. A month is too long. But I seem to notice it only after it has passed.

They all say that we are given all equal time. I must keep losing those somewhere. Perhaps I have just misplaced them somewhere and there will come a day when I will have so much time that I wouldn't know what to do with them.

Not that I sleepy, yet. But the fact that I have to wake up early tomorrow is nagging me somewhere in my mind so I will take leave. Just in case you want to listen to my poetry reading, you can click here. And by any chance if you happen to like it and have any request, leave me a comment.

Good night. 

No comments:

Just another year

This is my second new year after I shifted back here. Last time went in a blur. I sat in a corner, remembered the last new year and cried. ...