Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Of dreamers and dreams

I can't be a dancer if I don't dance. On an outset, this statement is so simple that nobody will disagree. It like wanting to count the stars without looking at the night sky. Yet the truth is is that most of us do so. We all dream and that is what sets us apart from all others. If you are lucky, you haven't forgotten your dream yet. And if you have, may be it is time you took a break to dream

The other day I was talking to a friend who tells me, "... so if we all want to be that writer, why don't we just write the book? " Yes, why exactly? Where is that book I want to write, the song I want to sing, the journey I want to take and so on and so forth? It is there of course, in our mind. When I was in Varanasi, one of my wishes (that was never fulfilled) was to watch the sunrise in the Ganges ghats. The first step to realizing that wish was to wake up before the sun rose, which I did a few times but on those days the clouds beat me to watching the sunrise. At least you can't say that I did not attempt it but I still failed.

We all are afraid of failures and a distant dream is easier to nurture than a broken dream. So the book is never written in fear of rejection, the song never sung in fear of ridicule and the trip never made in fear of cancellation.

For some things, we can attempt and attempt and attempt and for some things, there is a deadline so they are attempted either to be completed, or to be given up. But most of our dreams require a lot of effort (sometimes just a little that is exaggerated by our devilish minds) and can be pushed to the tomorrow that never really arrives and hence we look at that treasured dream in the distant horizon and hope that we will reach there, one day.

And so this post is to remind me that dream, or no dream, I can't be a blogger if I don't blog. The actual dream of course, comes a little later.

4 comments:

Anks said...

So true.... i had a similar revelation a while ago and have blogged a lot more since... it may be just my thoughts, but i am writing! it makes me feel better...

Am hoping to read a lot more from you now Anki. All the best :)

khushi said...

Wish to read some more from you.... !
Write baby write! :)

kitab lovers said...

Thanks for sharing your views with us. It will be very helpful for us and I want to tell you that kitablover is one of the best websites. They will provide you with all kinds of books like historical, teen-fiction, non-fiction, classic, kids-fiction, crime, etc. Such books are available at reasonable prices. If you are looking for a book at a reasonable price then this is the best place for you.

kitab lovers said...

Thanks for this information. It is very helpful for us and I am sharing one of the best websites for book lovers. If you are a book lover then this is also the best website for you Kitablovers website helps to find your book because on this website you get all your books and they will provide you with those books at a reasonable price, we have All classified books are please visit our website and search your books. And if you are a book reader and book lover then this website is for you.

Just another year

This is my second new year after I shifted back here. Last time went in a blur. I sat in a corner, remembered the last new year and cried. ...