Wednesday, August 08, 2007

What have I been doing!

It has been a long time since I wrote anything except the last blog entry. So today when I found some ample time, I wondered 'what have I been doing all these days!'
To start with, end of college suddenly shook up a well settled (although not routined) life.( As indicated in the last post) The next phase is taking some time to get settled but still, I had been busy.

Work - A new place of learning. Mostly learning now not much of performing. This is what takes at least 40 hours of my week.

Books - I have been reading a good lot of books. I finished the following:

The Inheritance of Loss - Kiran Desai
The Godfather - Mario Puzo
Eleven Minutes - Paulo Coelho
The Broker - John Grisham
Shalimar the Clown - Salman Rushdie
Sleeping Murder - Agatha Christie

At present I am on:
4.50 From Paddington - Agatha Christie

Books on the rack:
God Knows - Joseph Heller
Zahir - Paulo Coelho

Other than these I have been busy with knowing and getting used to with the new place.
Inspite of all these, I do miss writing. I miss writng my impressions (book reviews) and my expressions I miss the absolute leisurely time when I could let my thoughts just wander away and then capture the thougts. I miss those times when I didnt have write hurriedly while using the computer and when it wasn't a tool of work but a tool of leisure. :)

And with these miss-all-s, comes things I enjoy. I enjoy the idea of questioning and learning. I enjoy the last two days of week which takes my mind off my work. I enjoy the sense of freedom and responsibility. I enjoy being able to responsible for things around me. And for a change I am enjoying growing up.

So, what have you been doing?

8 comments:

Anupriya said...

yippie... I am the first one to post a comment...

good one Anki... a different one on yet a different note...

I am not sure wht have I been doing... I have nt read any novel in this time as well...

Keep posting..

Anks said...

Hi, So are you sauntering back to blogging too? Coz I sure am :)

How did you like the Inheritence of Loss? Did you like the way it ends? I'm wondering why she had to leave it without a conclusive ending... an epilogue perhaps, explaining what happens to its central characters after some years...

So which city are you in now?

khushi said...

Hey
was reading Paulo Coelho....
The Zahir, Valkyries....

Anki said...

@ anu

Dont worry, you will catch it up soon. I took 3 months to catch up.

@khushi

So how did u find them?

@ anks

I am pretty late at replying to ur comment. But seriously, since job, I am trying (till now) to manage all the activities at the same time.

Inheritence of Loss : basically as soon as I finished the book, I had the same feeling - the incompleteness. But later on further contemplating, I realised tht it probably intented at the futility of the whole thing. All the (each one of them) had been doing something that finally turned out to be futile.
And hence the feeling of incompleteness. wat say?

Anki said...

@ anks

I forgot to mention I am in the silicon valley of India : B'lore

Kaps said...

Now I realize wht's missing ... the C Box :D ... may be it was contrary to the blog title [Silence] ... but then exactly in sync with your nature [Paradoxical] :P ...

Further, the nature quote is only visible till the time the top most image takes to load. After that, it is not visible either straight or after scrolling ...

Also, considering the penchant for putting up so many IT BHU bloggers' links ... I guess you might want to have a look at blogpane ....

tc .. keep writin ..

Anki said...

ya i realised this has a lot of issues. i need to change it.
just a li'l short of time.

Kaps said...

Hmmm nature quote looks fine :)

Just another year

This is my second new year after I shifted back here. Last time went in a blur. I sat in a corner, remembered the last new year and cried. ...