Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Past, Present or Future?

Once upon a time, a very wise friend of mine declared with utter hopelessness that I live in past. She accused me of getting so busy trying to re-live my days of past that I forgot everything else. That day I almost questioned her but then kept silent considering she was wiser than me. The accusation did not really make me glad. I must have spent some good hours (you see, during those days I had ample time to waste) pondering on why she told that and if at all there was truth in it. I must have then wondered that considering what she is telling to be true, was I doing something wrong, and if there was a better way. If not then whether I would like to change (I am sure I must have had answered this particular question in negative). But anyways and after such analysis for hours, I must have forgotten the whole thing and reverted to my normal self i.e the self whom my friend accused of living in past. (You might wonder 'what was the use!'. I wonder that too.)

If I were told the same thing today, I wouldn't question anymore. I wouldn't even disagree. She was correct, although only 33.33%.  You see, I live in past, present, future all at once! And trust me, there is no better way. :)

You could live in past entirely, analyzing every single moment of your life and waste away your present. But I don't do that because firstly I don't have such a great memory and secondly if I waste away my present, somewhere in my future all my past would get exhausted. What will I ponder upon after that?!
You could live in just the present, making the most of it, doing the best you can but then how you will you ever appreciate your best efforts if you never look back? You could completely ignore the future believing that if you took care of your present, the future will take care of itself. It might be true. I will not argue on that part. But tell me, where will you get all your dreams without living the future? And what a barren life that will be with no dreams to follow!

No thank you. I am quite comfortable living in past, present and future all at once. It gets a little hectic at times, and at moments I mix them all up but trust me what a life it is!

How do you live?

-Anki

#PS: Forgive my frequent not-so-meaningful, insane blogs. Currently this is one of those things that is keeping me sane. :)

6 comments:

Yayaver said...

nothing more romantic than nostalgia to me...

Anonymous said...

U r confusing me.... :)

Anks said...

"if I waste away my present, somewhere in my future all my past would get exhausted. What will I ponder upon after that?! "

Very well said... :)

i am a future and present person.... no brooding about the past for me... i think its better to quickly learn your lesson and move on...

Anki said...

@yayaver, yeah true! but sometimes a little bit of romance in the present is lot worthwhile ;)

@Isha, already? you haven't even seen half of it :P

@Anks glad you had been here. It has been a long time! I believe on moving on too but i prefer to cherish a few keepsakes too :D

Ankita said...

hey!

u moved me... :'(

aritra raymukherjee said...

Hi! thanks for reading my blog and appreciating it. I have got very few people who actually praise my entries.

Also sorry for so late reply. Since even my closest friends refuse to comment on my blog, i hardly read the comment section..

I have seen your comment and am obliged that you have given me some very nice advices which i would definitly follow from my next blog entry.

Hope unlike me, you check your comments section.

Just another year

This is my second new year after I shifted back here. Last time went in a blur. I sat in a corner, remembered the last new year and cried. ...