Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Unbound beyond the horizon

When I wrote "I will be back soon.." i never thought this will be so soon, but i guess thoughts should be bound once they start flowing. At least I would not like to try so.

Actually this post is more about the opposite of its heading. Imagine getting bound by some stringent rules and limits. The truth is we all are already bound, we need not imagine it. Getting up at 7 then college/job at a particular time, coming back at a particular time and so on. But that is something we have been doing from god knows how long! But what I am talking about is not just time. What about the expectations that we have from so many people, doesn't that bound them too? And I guess that applies to all of us. Like, I can be included on either side of the table.

It is always easier to say than to do. How many time have you said something that you haven't meant just because it was appropriate in that situation or in simple words just because you were expected to say so. And how many times had you known that you were being told something just because you needed to hear that and even then couldn't say that you know it.

For once people let your thoughts flow. Let people around you not just look into the freedom of skies but have a taste of it. Tell them not where to fly but how to fly and you will see them getting beyond those limits of horizon!

Happy flying!

2 comments:

Kaps said...

Hi Anki !!!

Congrats fr getting your blog right again :D ... also ... nice to read something from you ... seems you are taking too many chances at ur company Calvin :D (or is at cafe?)

Hmm about freedom and boundaries again ... you've a strange inclination towards this subject ... I completely agree with your views on freeing our thoughts and living life sans the spheres of 'social expectations' ...

However .. In my humble opinion, If we recognise those restrictions as imposed by others, we are right in condemning them .. but it does NEVER mean that we should prefer living w/o any self-discipline or rules (can u identify this very thought - NOT the rules which ppl say .. BUT the rules which we ourselves appreciate and are flexible enough to edit as per our sensibilities)

Take fr example school/college/job- you very conveniiently rue about waking up at 7 am, you may also cry out tht I dont wanna follow the maxim - 'early to bed ...' ... HOWEVER, if your mind recognises that it is actually gud fr your body to wake up at 7 and JUST because you've a so called conception of freedom frm others' impositions... you WONT adhere to it or simply keep complaining about it even while following.. isnt it the most stupid thing you can do to YOURSELF !!!
You may think that No ! I will wake up at 12 one day, at 9 other day .. I wont be bound by social restriction of doing a job or completing my studies or doing anything productive ... since the society acknowledges sth, it MUST be a boundation and I wil break it at any cost or will always feel uncomfortable while following it ??? can you see where this all leads to ???
I agree we should decide fr ourselves wht is gud and wht is not fr us... but then tht decision itself should be free frm impact of whether it is already folowed in society or not !!!... :)

Hmmm seems this post has been an expression of AS's impression on Anki .. is it ? :D ... hows it going ji ??

Take care.. keep writing
(for example- I donot write this "Take care.. keep writing" coz I feel it is a nice thing to say to others as a social rule ... I say it coz I WANT to say it to u!.. and refraining frm it SIMPLY fearing tht it might be TERMED as a socially bound formality will be most UNfortunate ! )

shilpi said...

u know what ..i do dare to fly in the open sky ..here in Hong Kong...hope to see ur new post soon ...

Just another year

This is my second new year after I shifted back here. Last time went in a blur. I sat in a corner, remembered the last new year and cried. ...